Windward Village Spring Hill FL is THE Premier Resort Style 55+ Community
For Your Active Retirement Lifestyle on Florida’s Adventure Coast
Thanks to its convenient location on Florida’s Adventure Coast, Windward Village in Spring Hill FL offers its resident 55+ adults the perfect mix of outdoor recreation, nature preserves, shopping, dining, culture and state-of-the-art healthcare facilities. If you are seeking an active retirement lifestyle, your day of adventure could include swimming with manatees, kayaking the Chassohowitzka River, and a picnic on Pine Island Beach, located inside the beautiful three-acre Pine Island Park. End your day with an unforgettable sunset over the Gulf of Mexico, paired with delicious cuisine or real “hometown fare”, plus entertainment at one of the areas live theaters or performing arts centers.
The major metropolitan area of Tampa-St. Pete is just over an hour’s drive from Windward Village senior retirement community and offers plenty of things to see and do, including major league sporting events, Busch Gardens Theme Park, and the famous Sponge Docks of Tarpon Springs. Additionally, the city of Orlando and their imaginative theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, and SeaWorld, are all less than two hours away.
Helping to expand the reach of your Windward Village retirement in Florida, public transportation systems and major highways are all easily accessible.
Pine Island Beach is a great spot for sunny picnics or spectacular sunsets.
Adventure Coast highlights include:
- Home to 250 species of birds, 50 species of reptiles and amphibians and 25 different species of animals, The Chassahowitzka National Wildlife Refuge provides endless opportunities for exploring their natural habitats while kayaking, canoeing or and biking.
- Pine Island Beach, located within Pine Island Park, is a perfect spot for fun in the sun and features picnic tables, grills and a concession area in addition to the white sand beach!
- Florida’s only spring-fed water park can be found within Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, otherwise known as the City of Mermaids. Located less than five minutes from the community, the park offers coves and beaches, lazy river rides and thrilling flume rides.
- Enjoy a round of golf at a the World Woods Golf Club, a five-star public golf course, rated in 2013 by Golf Week Magazine as the “Best Course you Can Play in Florida.”
- Sunwest Park is a new beach and recreation area south of Spring Hill that features swimming areas, an Aqua Park, kayaking and paddle boarding, as well as beach volleyball.
- With over 800 covered booths spread over 55 acres, it’s no wonder Howard’s Flea Market is an annual recipient of the “The Best of the Best” awards from the Citrus County Chronicle. Discover the unique treasures at this one-of-a-kind shopping experience.
More attractions in the area:
- Bayport Fishing Pier, www.hernandocounty.us
- Chassahowitzka National Wildlife Refuge, www.fws.gov/chassahowitzka
- Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge Park, www.fws.gov/crystalriver
- Hernando County Sportsman’s Club, www.hernandosportsmansclub.com
- Hernando Historical Museum, www.hernandohistoricalmuseumassoc.com
- Show Palace Dinner Theater, www.showpalace.net
- Stage West Theater, www.stagewestflorida.com
Nearby medical facilities include:
- Oak Hill Hospital (5 miles)
- Bayfront Health (15 miles)
- James A. Haley Veterans Hospital (50 miles)
For more information about Hernando County and the Adventure Coast, visit www.floridasadventurecoast.com.